Medical Research to Improve Lives
Industex provides assistance to medical institutions for research through various organizations including the Pasqual Maragall Foundation, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, the Biomedical Engineering Research Centre (CREB) of Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) and at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).
Alzheimer Research at Pasqual Maragall
Industex has contributed to the following initiatives at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park through the Pasqual Maragall Foundation:
- Industrial development of innovative products to improve quality of life of late-stage Alzheimer patients.
- Clinical trials of ECG diagnostic protocols for Alzheimer patients
- Clinical trials of game/therapeutic kit to improve emotional connection between late-stage Alzheimer patients and caretakers.
Alzheimer & Cancer Research at CREB
- Evaluation of psycho-stimulation techniques for Alzheimer patients using in EEG within the Division of Biomedical Systems at the Biomedical Engineering Research Centre (CREB) of Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC).
- Development of new tools to identify new molecular targets in lung cancer cells based on the hardening of stroma under Dr. Alexandre Perea i Lluna at the Biomedical Engineering Research Centre (CREB) at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC).
Post-Grad Grants at Centro San Juan de Dios (SJD)
Industex has co-financed post-doctoral scholarships for:
- Students studying neuron development and metabolic diseases
- Post-graduates from Instituto Carlos III studying severe mental illnesses and etiology.
Diabetes & Obesity Research at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
Industex has provided support for the following research:
- Study of microRNA circulation for biomarkers in early diagnosis and prognosis under Dr. Anna Novials, head of HC’s Diabetes and Obesity Laboratory
Industex also provides support to the non-profit organization Ecoembes to bolster their environmental initiatives through recycling and ecodesign of containers throughout Spain.